2009/02/08

Engine Screen 01

Here's a quick screen shot of what I've been working on. I've just refitted my old Ragdoll Control Prototype with a shiny new physics engine, the Dejeweled Engine. So far I've got both rigid and springy rods working, as well as some decent slow motion. Next up are pin constraints, and then collisions.

As you can see in the picture, I've been playing with some graphical effects. There's a white inner glow on the ragdoll body, some glow on the blue lines, and a sort of reflection or shadow below. I'm trying to get it to feel more like a 3D figure in an endless white field, rather than of a 2D bunch of lines on a computer screen. Not sure if any of this will end up in the final game, but for now I'm just playing around. It's fun. :)

Once I add pin constraints and make the physics settings adjustable, I'll release the prototype here.

No comments:

Post a Comment