2009/09/03

Engine Screen 03

I've had to put this project on hold for a while, but now I'm back. I'm going indie, and Dejeweled is the big, ambitious project I'm working up to. You can expect to see a new update every week or so.

I've been working on door constraints - angular constraints based on a dot product instead of an angle. The ragdoll has a staff. And a door constraint is what's keeping it from spinning around in the ragdoll's hands. It works pretty well.

But what I really want is to make the staff rotate in a sort of bouncy, springy way. And I've been having a lot of trouble getting that to happen. It just spazzes out no matter what I try, which means that my math is wrong. This vector calculus has been kicking me in the head, repeatedly, for several hours straight.

But I'll figure it out. And I'll release the next engine prototype with an excellently springy and responsive staff. And of course, this will all happen by tomorrow. I hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment